Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is returning to Santa Monica for its 10th Los Angeles edition from September 21st to 24th at Barker Hangar. The global art event, dedicated to showcasing emerging talent and unforgettable experiences, will feature 140 independent artists exhibiting thousands of original artworks across various media—including painting, photography, sculpture, drawing, fiber arts, ceramics, and more—priced between $100 and $10,000. Throughout the weekend, guests can look forward to drinks, delicious eats from local food vendors, live DJ sets, hands-on workshops, unique installations, live performances, and more.
Other highlights of The Other Art Fair’s program include:
- Following the success of Charles Michael Davis’ art fair debut at last spring’s edition, The Other Art Fair is delighted to welcome him back as Guest Artist to offer visitors the exclusive opportunity to have their own portraits taken by Davis himself, as well as showcase a new series of works from his “Wild at Heart” photography series.
- Free personalized haikus, composed onsite by The Haikuists, who take whatever word or phrase visitors offer them and produce an original poem to take home and frame (Opening Night only).
- “At Home in Space,” a new immersive light bath experience by artist astrothebaptist.
- “Neon Fortune Teller,” a new interactive installation by artist Dani Bonnet.
- Live vinyl DJ sets throughout the weekend, programmed by dublab, a public internet radio station dedicated to the growth of music, arts, and culture.
- Hands-on workshops in the Fair’s Residency Space, including embroidered Polaroids by Bret Watkins, sign painting techniques by Jenna Homen, and risograph-based printing by Print Shop LA’s Mich Miller and Jayes Caitlin.
- Delicious local eats and refreshments, including healthy fare from StopBy Café, Arrvo Coffee, and a full Fair bar.
- The Other Art Fair also offers “Fair Director’s Picks to showcase exceptional work by outstanding exhibitors; curated collections of works priced under $500; as well as a tour and text message-based recommendations from Saatchi Art’s curators.
BARKER HANGAR, SANTA MONICA
3021 AIRPORT AVE SUITE 203
SANTA MONICA, CA