This quarterly Spoken Word Series is themed around catalytic moments in the history of art, science, fashion, music, pop culture and more. Each event includes delicious food, live music, spoken word, dance performances, and visual arts - all themed around a specific historical era. Co-produced in partnership with CA Poet Laureate Nominee Gill Sotu. Guests are encouraged to dress in costume of the era. This episode will be themed around The Seventies. (Rise of Feminism/ Flower Power/ Black Power Movement etc.)
7:00 p.m. - Doors Open
- Three chef stations curated by Vanguard Culture Culinary Director Chef Daniella de la Puente. Featuring delicious sweet & savory bites (incl. vegetarian options) presented by some of San Diego’s most exciting chefs.
- Grab a 1970’s themed craft beer or cocktail presented by our sponsors Cerveza Colibre, St. Petersburg Vodka, and Boochcraft.
- Visit the current art show in Vanguard Culture Headquarters Gallery, "Improvising the Moment" by legendary 1970’s musician, visual artist, and proprietor of Croce's Restaurant & Jazz Bar, Ingrid Croce.
- Upgrade to a BACKSTAGE PASS (for $20.00 more) and enjoy a beautiful wine tasting experience featuring some of the Valle de Guadalupe's most prestigious wines. Presented by Baja Wine + Food.
- Instagram the night with fantastic costumed characters of the 1970's, presented by CityFX, SD City College’s Theatrical Makeup and Special Effects class.
- Get your portrait taken by internationally renowned photographer Josue Castro https://chefsroll.com/industry/featured-industry/josue-castro-culinary-photographer
8:15pm: Show Begins. Incredible spoken word, live music & dance performances, and a 1970’s fashion show by CityFx
9:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. 1970’s dance party by DJ Gill
Tickets are from $25-60.
895 Park Blvd. (Please Use F St. Entrance) San Diego, CA 92101